Monday 13 June 2011

Here's one of the photographs from my current body of work recently shown at my University Degree Show.

People excite me as a photographer. The offer me a source of inspiration; each individual and interested which i like to explore and express using my camera.

This current work explores the art of phsyiognomy; by judging character from facial features. Although it can be said the eyes are the window to the soul, is it also true they have the ability to lie and the power to distract us from other charactoristics of the face?

Without the presence of the eyes i feel as if myself and the audience are allowed the oppotunity to look, and study, without being looked back at. By standing physically close to these invidiuals when i take the photographs, i symbolize my intimate relationship in this surreal, and unconventional family portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment